Week 1 P.J

 About me:

My name is Josiah Gunn and I grew up in Blodgett, Oregon. I was raised on a chicken farm about thirty minutes from the coast by Nate and Mary Gunn, my parents. I lived with my sister and them, plus our four cats and one dog. Currently, I am undeclared and am dual-enrolled at OSU. Hopefully by the end of this class I will have found out if photo-journalism, specifically, is for me. Right now I think I am going to go into the sports journalism field.

Ever since I was a little kid I have loved sports and taking pictures. We lived in a forest, so I had ready access to lots of beautiful scenery. My experience with taking photos is pretty much limited to that. I love and have always loved the feeling of taking a photo and realizing it turned out really good. Most of the pictures I take are on my phone are there because I thought something in the moment looked cool. With this class, I'd like to try and take that passion a little farther and explore the details of photography and how journalism fits into that picture.



Goals for this class:

1)Improve my photography skills and improve my ability to self critique my photos.

2)Learn about other people who are in a field I am interested in and study their path to success.

3)Learn from other experts and examine their work to see how photography will fit into my life.


Photos:











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corvallis Farmer's Market

Week 1 Personal Introduction